Public Health Policies
The Athens College of Ministry will do its utmost to ensure the health and safety of its faculty, staff and students by providing a safe, clean environment for teaching and learning. From time to time, the institution may enforce necessary procedures among its constituents in response to public health and/or safety situations related to infectious diseases and in-person contact. The institution is responsible for enforcing public health directives received from national, state, and local governments and my also establish its own public health protocols and procedures for the greater good of its constituents. Such precautionary procedures may include but are not limited to:
- Requiring that faculty, staff, and students wear facial masks when on site or when attending activities of the College;
- Requiring students to remove their personal food and beverage trash from the building for disposal rather than leaving personal trash on the premises;
All faculty, staff, and students must agree to:
- Not report to work or class if they are ill, running a fever, or exhibiting any presenting symptoms that would indicate they are possibly contagious;
- Abide by any and all policies and procedures that have been clearly communicated and posted on site;
- Release the Athens College of Ministry and Watkinsville First United Methodist Church from any and all liability should they become infected with a contagious illness as a result of their participation in any activity of the Athens College of Ministry.
The purpose of the institution’s Public Health Policy is to demonstrate the utmost care for our students, faculty, staff, campus visitors, and community. The responsibility for abiding by all stated ACMin public health procedures and protocols is the shared responsibility of all constituents. By working together, we will operate with excellence and hard work as always, not just for our mission but for each other, our families, and our future health.
Current Requirements Effective 10-1-2020
- No gatherings of more than 10 persons in any single room.
- Maintain a social distance of six feet.
- Wearing a mask is required. Faculty may remove masks when teaching. Staff may remove masks when seated at their desks to work.
- Personal food and beverage trash must be removed by the individual who brought and consumed it.
- Students will wipe down their classroom with disinfecting wipe (available in ACMin office) prior to exiting the classroom.
- ACMin students and faculty are asked to use the upstairs restrooms.
The Christian Leadership Institute consists of five modules:
(706) 769-1479 fax
PO Box 7953
Athens, GA 30604