Dual Credit for Your Advanced High School Courses
The Athens College of Ministry is pleased to partner with your high school to offer affordable dual credit for your advanced high school courses across all subjects (e.g. mathematics, science, languages, humanities, etc.) Your students benefit by receiving affordable college credits while in high school that prepare them to stand tall in a solid biblical worldview for life. Your teachers benefit from being part of a professional community of practice that strives towards excellence across the curriculum. The minimum qualifications for participation in the ACMin Dual Credit Institute are:
- School adoption of at least one of the Wheaton Press Engaging the Heart courses;
- School administrator approval;
- Instructor credentials (a master’s level degree or higher is required);and
- Courses presented are equivalent to college-level rigor.
Follow the steps below to enroll your institution and your instructors into the Dual Credit Institute.
Steps to Participation:
1. A school administrator enrolls the high school, providing the name of the administrator as well as the name of the school registrar responsible for entering students’ grades. (The Registrar may NOT be a dual credit instructor). Click here to enroll your high school. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your school does not have an AI Code.
2. As soon as the school has registered, individual instructors may apply to qualify as a dual credit instructor. Instructors click here to complete the instructor qualifications.
3. Once an instructor is approved, he or she will be asked to: a) complete a brief tutorial on how to create a syllabus for the course(s) presented for dual credit; and b) submit the syllabus to Athens College of Ministry for approval.
4. After syllabus review and approval, the course and the instructor will be added to the school’s dual credit home page on www.dualcreditatacmin.org.
5. Students may register for approved courses. Registration deadlines are October 15th and February 1st for schools on a traditional school calendar. Schools with more unique school calendars may contact email@example.com for their student registration deadlines. Registration requires that students first enroll as a dual credit student and subsequently register for their desired courses. See below.
Note: If instructors at your school are looking to complete a Master’s program in Christian Education, ACMin offers an accredited curriculum designed to enhance instruction in any subject area.
Note: It is highly recommended that instructors and their courses be approved 14 days prior to the student enrollment deadlines in order to allow students sufficient time to register for dual credit.
See User Guide for School Administators.
Simple Steps for Student Dual Enrollment:
- Enroll in an approved dual credit course at your local school. Ask your advisor or school administrator for a list of approved courses.
- Complete a one-time Dual Credit Enrollment Form for the Athens College of Ministry. Enrollment fee is $50.
- Semester by semester, pay the $200 fee for each course directly to the Athens College of Ministry through the registration portal (and not to your local school).
About Dual Enrollment Credits
- Credits earned through the Wheaton Press curriculum will qualify for college credit at the Athens College of Ministry provided that the course grade earned is a C or higher.
- The Athens College of Ministry’s undergraduate and graduate programs are fully accredited through the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools. The credits you earn will be recognized by colleges and universities across the globe.
- In general, other higher ed institutions that do not recognize dual credits from the Athens College of Ministry do not accept any form of college credit earned in high school – even AP credit.
About the Athens College of Ministry
ACMin exists to equip the next generation of Christian leaders with an unshakeable confidence in who they are in Christ. ACMin students graduate with the leadership skills and biblical worldview needed to advance the Kingdom of God in the Church, in the marketplace, and anywhere God sends them!
The ACMin Mission Statement
To be a biblically-grounded, Holy Spirit-empowered, fully accredited Christian college that prepares men and women who will teach, reach, lead, and minister to others out of their identity in Christ through relational, hands-on training for leadership in the church, in the marketplace, and across the globe.
The ACMin Christian Philosophy of Education
The Goal of Kingdom-focused teaching is to develop students who will live and minister out of their identity in Christ as evidenced by transformed values, actions and capabilities including:
- An effectual understanding of who God is;
- a redeemed mindset, life focus, and Christian worldview;
- an abiding personal relationship with Jesus through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit;
- joyful, obedient surrender to the will of the Heavenly Father and His Word;
- an understanding and effective use of their power and authority as believers; and
- the ability to lead and disciple others into Christ-likeness within community.
(706) 769-1479 fax
PO Box 7953
Athens, GA 30604