Community Job Board
Looking for a Job in Ministry?
Getting equipped at ACMin is a great way to ensure that you are well prepared for effective ministry out in the business world, in a church, or on the mission field.
Refine Your Resume
Having a well-written resume is an important first step to drawing attention to your job skills. Consider the following links for helpful tips, and ask a faculty member to give you feedback on your resume!
6 Tips for Writing an Effective Resume
Writing an Effective Resume
Would you like to post a job opening?
Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post your job opening for free!
Antioch Christian Church in Watkinsville, GA
The person in this position works under the supervision of the senior minister to develop, plan, conduct, schedule, and evaluate the music ministry of the church. Among other duties, the music minister plans weekly and special music, encourages talent within the congregation, and works with singers and instrumentalists.
The minister should be mindful of the church’s traditions and sensitive to the balancing of traditional and contemporary Christian music styles.
For more information or to submit a resume, contact Jim Jacobs atJim.email@example.com.
Greensboro First United Methodist Church
The mission for this position:
The Minister to Children will oversee our current discipleship and faith formation ministry to children and their families through leading, directing, and administrating our current children’s ministry programs (Sunday School, Children’s Church, Sunday night, and Vacation Bible School).
The Minister to Children will work with clergy and staff, current families, and the congregation to help children become disciples of Jesus Christ while bringing stability and unity to our Children’s Ministry. Using their gifts and graces for leadership and ministry, the Minister to Children will increase the number of children, families, and adult volunteer ministry servants who are active participants in the ministry programs. The Minister to Children will offer timely and appropriate communication about the ministry program to participants, staff, church leadership, congregation, and community.
The right candidate will be creative, Spirit-led, and hold a broad knowledge of learning styles. The candidate will be able to communicate the Gospel to children while raising up an adult leadership team. The right candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, knowledge and experience with budget planning and management, and an ability to raise up and lead new team members for children’s ministries.
The Staff-Parish Relations Committee (the human resource/ employment committee) will work with potential hire to determine the compensation package. This position is full-time at 32 hours per week with a competitive salary.
About Greensboro First United Methodist Church:
Greensboro First United Methodist Church is a vibrant and growing congregation desiring to expand our ministry to children, youth, and families with two new part-time staff members. Our two campuses allow for creative opportunities for building relationships, ministry partnerships and helping people become disciples of Jesus Christ. Our Minister to Children and Minister to Youth will become vital parts of our Spiritual Formation and Ministry Team. Our Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, and administrative support team will offer support and encouragement.
How to Apply:
Applicants can submit a cover letter and resume to Rev. Hugh Hendrickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PO Box 216, Greensboro, GA 30642. No phone calls please.
Worship Pastor, Waterloo, IN
New Hope Christian Center is a non-denominational church located about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne, IN in a town called Waterloo. Attendance currently runs around 350 each week. Currently, the church offers three services: 6:00pm Saturday night, 9:00am and 10:30am Sunday morning. Saturday evening and Sunday morning services are identical with a full worship team and live preaching. New Hope is currently looking to bring on a new Worship Arts Pastor to add to their team. Reporting to the Executive Pastor, the Worship Arts Pastor has the primary responsibility of cultivating a life-giving, passionate, and skillful culture of worship at New Hope Christian Center.
- Recruit, schedule, and resource all worship team volunteers (vocal, band, and tech).
- Contribute to service programming ideas.
- Execute and produce service programming with appropriate flow, transitions, and ministry moments with all volunteers.
- Implement then maintain the use of Planning Center Services for service programming and volunteer management.
- Serve as primary worship leader for weekly services.
- Lead the weekend worship team and experience, ensuring both spiritual and musical preparation.
- Oversee and direct the worship team practices.
- Provide leadership for special events, productions, and services as requested (prayer meetings, holiday events, funerals, conferences).
- Manage the planning of all events dedicated to the spiritual and skill development of the worship and media team volunteers.
- Deliver direct, hands-on pastoral care for worship team volunteers.
- Communicate and collaborate weekly with the Senior Pastor and other staff regarding items pertaining to the weekend environment.
- Steward and manage worship arts resources: budget, instrument maintenance, AVL System (including working with installation companies and troubleshooting minor issues), and supplies.
- Help provide leadership to Kids and Student worship teams and environments including hands-on mentoring and shepherding.
- Lead the stage-design process. Maintain a reasonably clear and well-designed stage in both the Auditorium and Fellowship Hall.
- Support the Senior Pastor with any needs of the church, including artistic sermon support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This full-time position’s main focus must be worship, however the role will be split with “something else.” This “something else” depends on the gifts and interests of the individual, but ideally would include a creative/communication (video, graphic design, announcements, website, social media) role. This job description will be updated to reflect this aspect as the right Worship Arts Pastor is found.
- Relational leader that possess great people skills, with an orientation towards serving, empowering others, and building strong teams.
- Highly creative problem solver that can change priorities quickly with a positive attitude.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Confident in handling confidential matters with integrity and excellence.
- Excellence in musical skills, including voice and piano or guitar.
- Cursory (or greater) understanding of all aspects of an AVL system and able to troubleshoot minor problems.
- Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online, Dropbox, ProPresenter, Ableton Live, and other similar software.
- High energy, passionate, and magnetic personality.
- Secure and confident individual who demonstrates humility.
- 0-2 years minimum full-time ministry requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired, but not required.
- Full-Time 45+ hours
- Weekend Services
- Must attend weekly staff meetings, service-planning meetings, and 1-on-1 meetings with the Executive Pastor.
- Team meetings, special services, etc.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
For more information, visit the full church profile at: frootgroup.com/newhope
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
Worship Pastor, Lake Zurich, IL
Heritage Church is a multi-site and multi-generational church in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago in a town called Lake Zurich. Currently our average attendance is 1700 across three campuses. We are passionate about helping people find and follow God in a way that is authentic and relevant to our culture today. We create environments, ministries, and programming with un-churched people in mind. We want to manage the tension of helping people feel at home in their search for Christ and be a place where believers are thriving in their faith. To do this we are intentional about creating engaging environments for authentic biblical community that mobilize people to live on mission.
The Worship Pastor will play a vital role in helping us accomplish our mission. Alongside our Creative Arts Pastor, they will give leadership to our Weekend Services, Production Teams and Music. They will speak into the culture and ongoing development of excellence across all of our campuses. They will relentlessly identify, develop, and empower vocalists, musicians and production teams to cultivate a life-giving, passionate, skillful culture of music and worship arts. They will plan and implement music for all weekend gatherings and events. They will also oversee the structures and systems of the Worship & Production Teams.
- Develop vocalists and instrumentalists for all worship venues.
- Give leadership and guidance to all of our campus Worship Directors to ensure alignment of mission, vision & culture church-wide.
- Recruit, develop, shepherd and schedule worship and production volunteers.?
- Oversight of audio, video production, & lighting design along with Production Assistant.
- Develop creative weekend services in concert with the Creative Arts team & Sr. Pastor.
- Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the church advance our mission to help people find and follow God by partnering with Creative Arts to oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, creative service elements and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and AVL crew as needed.
- Participate in most worship services, but allowing others to lead as needed to develop other leaders.
- Provide effective training and leadership for our congregation to become a dynamic worshipping community?.
- Plan and implement seasonal worship events (i.e. Christmas and Easter).
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate Worship & Production Excellence in services and ministry events.
- Oversee the Music & Production ministry budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Asana?.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn CCB? (Church Community Builder).
- Mastery in Planning Center Online, Ableton, Logic, Final Cut, ProPresenter, Jands Vista .
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Be faithful with your tithe to the mission of Heritage Church.
- Attend and complete the Discover Heritage Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Heritage Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Heritage Church.
- Must have determination and initiative to achieve ministry responsibilities and key tasks.
- Must have the ability to self-manage and initiate tasks.
- Must be able to work under the demands of an intense ministry environment..
For more information, visit the full church profile at: http://frootgroup.com/
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Worship Pastor, Arlington, WA
First Baptist Church Kenova is looking for a FT Worship Leader who meets the criteria for a pastor as listed in I Tim 3 and Titus 1. It is the primary purpose of the Worship Leader to develop a worship ministry capable of providing an engaging worship services that encourages the body to enter into corporate and personal worship. Candidates must possess experience, training, and expertise in the field of music and worship. Strong leadership skills are a must. Being able to recruit and train sound/tech people is important. Web/graphic design experience is preferred but not required. Looking for a candidate who can either lead independently or on an instrument (eg, acoustic, keyboard). Candidates need to have some experience leading a choir of 30 or more people. Exceptions can be made if we feel confident that candidates have people and professional skills to excel in this area. Candidates must be able to take traditional hymns and arrange them in a way that reaches all ages. While our choir is more of a worship choir than a performance choir, occasionally they may do something special during weekend services. As far as style, we lean more on the contemporary side rather than the blended. We do like to tailor our service to appeal to the younger demographic of our church, so long as it’s not distracting. We do this by including lighting designs and mixing styles.
The church is located close to Marshall University, which attracts many college students. The majority of the adults attending our church are in their 20s and 30s. We have approximately 100 teens involved in youth ministry and 100 adults who over 60. With the wide spectrum of ages that are represented, we are very intentional about being a multi-generational church. We’re a “come as you are” church so you’ll see a wide variety of attire at our worship services. Most adults wear polo shirts with khakis or jeans.
Salary package is negotiable and dependent on skill, experience and need of the candidate.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: Open.
SOFTWARE & TOOLS PREFERRED: Media Shout We use Media shout but open to switching
You can find out more about our church and see our services at www.fbckenova.com.
To apply, email your resume to Meggan at email@example.com.
Harvest Bible Chapel Rochester is a young and vibrant church located near the heart of Rochester, NY and is looking to add a full-time Worship Pastor to their ministry team. The Worship Pastor will help carry out the mission of Harvest Rochester as he gives leadership to all aspects of musical worship. The heart of this role is to encourage and shepherd God’s people to worship God in spirit and truth as well as develop and train leaders from within the ministry. Harvest is a church that exists for one purpose: to glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission. To put it simply: Harvest Rochester exists to make disciples God’s way. The right person will be able to thrive in the culture of Harvest and strive to further the mission of the church.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports directly to and works closely with the Senior Pastor
- Responsible for leading and managing the Worship & Media teams
- Lead, shepherd and develop the volunteers within the Worship & Media teams
- Worship service planning along with the Senior Pastor
- Worship leading on weekends, prayer meetings, and other events
- Actively seeks to raise up and mentor new leaders
- Willingness to take on other responsibilities as needed
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ with character consistent with Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Authentic lifestyle demonstrating consistent character and spiritual growth
- Passionate pursuit of holiness
- Ongoing pursuit of humility
- A commitment to excellence
- Agreement with Harvest Rochester’s doctrinal statement (found at www.harvestroc.org)
- A passion for the Lord over other giftedness
- A multiplying disciple maker
- A calling to shepherd, not simply lead worship
- A Christ-like self-sacrificing love for the Local Church
- A sense of calling to serve God and those He calls to be part of our church family
- An unswerving desire to serve alongside the staff
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and leadership of Harvest Rochester
- Supportive Spouse (if married)
- Strong musical skills, preferably on guitar
- Strong collaborative skills, able to bring out the best of the musical skills of God’s people
- Exceptional relational skills
- Organized and detailed
- Highly motivated
- Leadership gifts
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
2+ in a pastoral/shepherding role, paid or unpaid
ADDITIONAL SKILLS PREFERRED:
An eye for Stage Design and Lighting, with the talent to do it or the ability to direct those who do
An ear for sound engineering
An eye for graphic design and video elements, with the talent to do create them or the ability to direct those who do
SOFTWARE & TOOLS PREFERRED:
ProPresenter, Planning Center, Ableton
For more information, view the FULL CHURCH PROFILE here: http://frootgroup.com/hr1240503181
To apply, send your resume to Meggan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(706) 769-1479 fax
PO Box 7953
Athens, GA 30604