Community Job Board
Looking for a Job in Ministry?
Getting equipped at ACMin is a great way to ensure that you are well prepared for effective ministry out in the business world, in a church, or on the mission field.
Refine Your Resume
Having a well-written resume is an important first step to drawing attention to your job skills. Consider the following links for helpful tips, and ask a faculty member to give you feedback on your resume!
6 Tips for Writing an Effective Resume
Writing an Effective Resume
Would you like to post a job opening?
Send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll post your job opening for free!
Young Harris UMC Nursery Helper
Young Harris UMC on Prince Avenue in Athens is seeking a part-time worker for our Nursery to join our Staff. The applicant needs to be a Christian, dependable, and love children from infants to 5th grade.This position is for Sunday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. with possible extended hours for Hispanic service and special events during the Holiday Season.
Must have childcare background. Part Time, Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
Apply to email@example.com
Worship Pastor: Oconee Heights Baptist Church
It will be the responsibility of the Worship Pastor to plan, coordinate, and lead the weekly worship service for Oconee Heights Baptist Church. This role will include coordinating music with members of the Praise Band, interacting with the rest of staff and also coordinating service themes or lessons with the Senior Pastor. The Worship Pastors’ primary focus will be to lead our church into worship, through prayer, music, song and word. They will interact with the Praise Band, Senior Pastor, and leadership to ensure the service flows as smoothly as possible from beginning to end. It is a balanced combination of spiritual leading, musical gifting, and stage presence.
Hours of Work
This is a Part-Time salaried position. The working hours of the Worship Leader shall be coordinated with the Senior Pastor. Hours to be worked include: 9:30 – 12:30 each Sunday and leading in the 11:00 am worship service every Sunday morning, and a scheduled weekly rehearsal time to be coordinated with the band members. Also, they will be expected to attend weekly staff meetings. The number of hours may vary or be adjusted to meet particular needs and/or programs. As indicated in the duties section of this document. The actual daily working hours of the music minister shall be coordinated with and approved by the Senior Pastor.
While the Worship Leader shall work with and coordinate activities with the staff, Praise Band, and the Church, they shall be responsible to the Senior and associate pastors who alone have the responsibility to instruct the Worship Leader in the performance of their duty. The Worship Leader is not responsible to meet unreasonable demands of church members.
* Select music for Sunday worship (coordinating it with the Sunday’s sermon).
* Find chords, lyrics and copyright info for all music and print for rehearsal/worship service for all musicians/singers.
* Work within Planning Center to create volunteer schedules, set lists, and chords sheets for the pastor, band members and audio visual team.
* Prepare and lead practice with band members.
* Arrive before practice and well in advance of 11am worship to ensure set up and to begin promptly as well as end promptly.
* Lead worship at 11 a.m. on Sundays.
* Makes transition prayers/comments between songs as needed.
* Maintain instruments, repairs, worship needs; reconfigure stage for musicians as needed (this may also require coordination with audio visual coordinator).
* Oversee clearing of stage for other uses (VBS, dramas, etc) with coordination of audio visual coordinator.
* Create/balance budget for the Music Ministry (this includes music/visual aids/instruments/repairs, etc.)
* Attend weekly staff meetings.
* Give input and assist with stage design/backdrops to coordinate with sermon series.
Assist in creating intro videos for sermon series as needed. The Worship Leader will coordinate special services with the rest of staff members throughout the year. Participating in traditional Church calendar events and activities ongoing in the church. For example: Vacation Bible School, Christmas Programs, Easter Programs,etc.
Any other duties as required by the pastor. Ability to read music/chords, sing in a pleasing manner on-key, ability to play musical instruments. Desired ability to use Planning Center and/or Ableton Live. Previous experience in a band or choral group, or as a leader of a band or choral group, also highly desirable.
(706) 769-1479 fax
PO Box 7953
Athens, GA 30604